The CMR Centre for Ophthalmology has always taken particular care of our youngest patients.
We enjoy the collaboration of an expert neonatologist (www.paolotagliabue.it), which means that we can monitor the eyesight of a child from its first days of life.
In Monza we take care to carry out timely diagnoses in the case of infant disorders.
Problems found in childhood include:
- Refractive disorders (hyperopia, astigmatism, myopia)
- Disorders in ocular motility (accomodative and non-accomodative strabismus)
- Anomalies in the tear ducts
- Eyelid anomalies
- Cataracts and congenital glaucoma
- Disorders of the retina and optic nerve
Our staff stay with our young patients during the whole orthoptic rehabilitation phase and during surgery where necessary. We take particular care to provide the child with a fun and non-medical environment so that they are happy to cooperate fully.
The determining factor in obtaining perfect visual function as an adult starts with early correction of refractive anomalies using the correct glasses with personalised corneal lenses, as well as strict monitoring of ocular motility.